1. Colorado - One loss between regulation and overtime. One loss keeps you here.
2. San Jose - Leading the league in goals and goal differential.
3. Anaheim - Getting great goaltending and strong in all facets of the game.
4. Pittsburgh - Always a force, but still not clicking on all cylinders.
5. Phoenix - Finding a way to win and currently riding a four game win streak.
6. St. Louis - Might be the most overall sound team in the league. Incredible depth.
7. Tamp Bay - We know they can score. This year they're tightening up their D.
8. Chicago - This team scares me. Can Crawford handle the workload w/ Khabibulin as a backup?
9. Detroit - Won three in a row (until tonight) and settling into the East.
10. Vancouver - Torts has them off to a 10-5-1 start. Luongo finding his form.
11. Toronto - Incredibly exciting to watch. Incredibly inconsistent.
12. Boston - Eriksson is close to returning, but this team needs Marchand to get going.
13. Minnesota - Veteran leadership and the youngsters are getting it together.
14. Los Angeles - Off to an up and down start again. They'll pick it up soon.
15. Montreal - Playing great .500 hockey. Baffling team.
16. NY Islanders - Will monster trade pay off this season?
17. Washington - Ovie is coming back. Suppose he may offer a boost.
18. Nashville - Losing Rinne is tough. Seth Jones and Weber will try to keep them afloat.
19. Calgary - They find a way to keep scrapping, but this goaltending will only hold for so long.
20. Dallas - Much of their season hinges on the health of Kari Lehtonen.
21. Ottawa - Fantastic top line, good defense core, tons of pressure on Lehner.
22. Columbus - The arrival of Nathan Horton can't come soon enough.
23. NY Rangers - What the hell is going on in the Big Apple?
24. Winnipeg - It's Al Montoya time in the 'Peg. A win over Detroit is a step in the right direction.
25. New Jersey - Oh, the difference one Ilya Kovalchuk makes.
26. Carolina - Paging Eric Staal. Paging Eric Staal.
27. Philadelphia - I believe in Claude Giroux. He can turn this around...I think.
28. Florida - This veteran rebuild has not gone smoothly.
29. Edmonton - This high draft pick rebuild has not gone smoothly, either.
30. Buffalo - Time to move Miller, GM change needed, possibly coach as well. Too much to list.