Just a few thoughts and notes on the big story from last night - the opening line brawl between the Calgary Flames and Vancouver Canucks. Here we go:
- Congratulations to Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa who has now won 100% of his faceoffs this season!
- Did Hartley think Tortorella was a T-Rex? "If I don't move, he can't see me!" It reminded me of Pat Burns running over to yell at Barry Melrose back in the beautiful Maple Leaf Gardens.
- Zack Kassian may be insane. Just a little. Look into his eyes at the 3:10 mark of the video below. Just be sure you don't look for too long. I hear being crazy is contagious.
- All I could think of while watching this unfold was announcer Jim Carr from Slap Shot. "Kill! Kill! Kill! This is hockey!"
- The pundits are right: hockey fans HATE fighting! Did you hear how loudly they were yelling for everything to stop? Oh, the humanity!!
- On a serious note, after all was said and done, did you see McGrattan and Sestito give each other a tap? Watch right around the 1:00 mark. These guys know their role and knew they had to go. Gotta love these two guys for going after each other the way they did, only to end it like that.